Thursday, May 11, 2006

Other Bikes and Projects

Along with the bikes featured in other posts on this blog I have built a lowracer bike which didn't turn out all that well so I dismantled it and reused much of the tube and components.
I built a tadpole trike which was a total blast to ride, I fitted a park brake that worked on the rear wheel which was good to stop it rolling off when left unattended, this I soon discovered was awesome for doing handbrake turns... If you were going fast enough you could spin a complete 360 without too much trouble at all.
I sold the trike before I had a chance to get any pics. The only downside was that it was a little bit heavy but with a 406 (20") rear wheel low gearing was no problem at all.

Currently I am sporadically working on another trike... This time I am taking much more care with the weight issue and expect to save a considerable amount.

The project I am most involved with at the moment is another lowracer bike, this is styled on the bike built by Atom Bikes.
This is my first attempt at a frontwheel drive bike and I am looking forward to trying this out.
The frame is pretty much prefabricated at the moment... Just a little bit more cleaning paint of tubing and I can get on to the good bit... The welding.
The bike is built around 406 (20") wheels front and rear and will have a low and laid back riding position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home