Thursday, May 11, 2006

Long Wheelbase Recumbent

This is the second long wheelbase recumbent that I have built. As with all of my homebuilt bikes it was made from old recycled bike frames. This time I was luckier than usual and found one with Shimano 600 components... I know these are pretty low tech by today's standard but they are better than I usually find. I drew a lot from the information on the "Recycled Recumbent" website (see links ->) as there is a whole bunch of great information and pics that explain how to build one of these great bikes.
I can honestly say that this is the most comfortable bike I have ever been on... It does seem to have a tendency to absorb road shock and the lazy steering seems to soak up any rider induced unsteadiness.
It is by no means a racer but the upright seating and relaxed steering position make it a pleasure to cruise with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home