Friday, May 05, 2006

Hi....

I'm Terry Mitchell.

I live in a small rural town (pop approx 850) in New Zealand's South Island.
My nearest bike shop is over 30 miles away so I tend to buy most of my parts etc online.
I have been building bikes for a while and built my first recumbent by trial and error (and there was plenty of those) from a design I found online.

I currently own and ride a road bike, mountain bike, upright tandem (homebuilt) a Short wheel base recumbent loosely styled on a P38 and a Long wheel base recumbent built from a design found on Recycled Recumbent.

I remember the first time I ever saw a recumbent, they are pretty scarce in rural New Zealand, I thought "dork... why don't you get a proper bike" Kinda funny how things work out.

It was about six months later I started building the first of the 7 or so recumbents I have built so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home